SEESAW - SHARING AND LEARNING PLATFORM
At Denby Free, we use an online platform called Seesaw to further strengthen the learning partnership between home and school. Children in KS1 & KS2, will receive a unique log-in at the start of each year which allows them access to their own private learning space. Here, teachers may set home-learning opportunities, send helpful announcements to both children and parents, and share achievements, successes and highlights from the term. We like to think of it as an extension of the classroom - a place where parents can see and interact with their child’s learning journey!
Seesaw is both child-friendly and easy to use, as well as provides a creative and engaging space for learning to shine. Children can demonstrate their learning in a number of ways with ease, from videos, to annotated images, drawings, audio voiceovers and much more.
At Denby Free, Seesaw is used to:
- build a special record of the children’s learning journey
- evidence aspects of learning at school
- provide opportunities for learning at home
- provide helpful announcements/reminders to families and children
- celebrate awards and achievements
At the beginning of each school year, children are shown how to access their account and reminded of their unique home-learning code. Parents are then sent an invite to connect to their child’s online classroom; parents who already have a family account automatically have this synced to their child’s new class each academic year. Seesaw can be accessed via desktop or downloadable app.
- Seesaw Family, which enables parents to view and comment on work completed by their child and connect with the teacher via the family announcements feature
- Seesaw Class, which is used by the children for accessing and completing homework tasks, home learning and receiving messages and feedback from their teacher.
Please follow the links below for some helpful video tutorials.