Derbyshire Catering Service provide our school with fresh, nutritious meals made daily on site.
There are no additives or artificial trans fats in the meals. All dietary needs can be catered for and the kitchen uses local, seasonal and organic produce.
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible for a school meal for free each day. This is subject to Government Policy.
For children in Year's 3-6, a school meal costs £2.20 per day. Payments for school meals are made through Parentpay. Dinner money can be paid in advance or on the day the meal is taken.
If preferred, children can bring in a packed lunch from home.
Children can choose on a daily basis if they would to change between school meals and packed lunches.
Free School Meal Entitlement
If parents/carers meet the qualifying criteria, children aged 4 to 11 in school can get a free meal.
- Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190) as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Universal Credit has begun to be rolled out in Derbyshire and will affect all areas of Derbyshire by the end of 2022.
To make a claim for Free School Meals, please complete the application form on the following link: