PE and Sport Premium
PE and Sports
To raise aspirations of all pupils regardless of abilities or disabilities by encouraging them to acquire skills to perform a variety of physical activities in order to pursue a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Provision is challenging and appropriate so children can reaach their full potential
- Provision is inclusive, engaging and inspiring
- Provide high quality PE and Sport within the curriculum and out of school hours
- Provide a broad base of learning to develop interest and understanding of a range of sports
- Provide children with skills and confidence to succeed and rise to the challenge of competition and to participate competitively.
Purpose of funding
The government is gives funding to schools so that they can improve provision of PE and School Sport.
What we currently do
We provide physical activity during the school day as well as further curricular clubs such as netball, trekking and multi sports. The clubs are run by our own staff and an AVSSP coach.
The school currently provides a minimum of 2 hours PE every week where skills are taught through PE lessons. Lunch times through our Play leader also provide plenty of opportunities for physical activity.